The main goals we set for Mir:
- Blockbuster larp - The game will be hosted at Grodziec castle, we will provide food and lodging either in-game (accordingly to the character’s social standing) or in a youth shelter. The scenography, props and fantastic location will make Mir as close to a 360 degree illusion as possible.
- A personal adventure - Mir adopts a personal approach to the player’s character. No player will be defined as ‘only’ a member of a faction or team or as a background character. This is particularly important for low-status characters, often marginalized by larp-writers. Not this time. A villager or alow-ranking vassal will also be individually motivated, have their own goals, relationships and adventures – sometimes more emotional and playing closer to home than it would be in a knight’s case.
- Influence and consequences - Mir is planned as aseries (most probably three runs). This means that you not only can continue playing your character in the following editions, but his/her actions will influence the future – both yours and the country’s. Player’s declarations between the runs will impact the story.
- Secrets - We try to present the game foundations as clearly and precisely as possible. The players will have the possibility of partially choosing which events they would like to take part in (opt-in, opt-out). Nevertheless, Mir will also have an undisclosed scenario, subtly linking the characters and affairs. There will be secrets to discover, plot twists to foresee or be surprised by. This is not because we aim to manipulate our players, but due to the fact that many polish players favor knowing only as much as their characters do.
- World simulation - In this aspect we will attempt to go further than anyone has ventured before. Mir will replicate the game approach of Geas – the area important to the game will be limited to a couple villages around the real game set. Thus, there will be no geopolitics, newcomers from the other side of the globe, etc. However, this local fragment of the Known World will be modelled in all its complexity. Political and economic life, marriages and tangled relations, faith and science – the player’s influence on the land’s fate – you will find all of this in Mir.
- DKWDDK - Mir will have no game mechanics, following the rule that what you can do what can show. This way we allow safe-weapon fighting or supernatural events to take place – if only they are convincingly role-played. Play for flow. Not all game approaches, commonly exhibited by many larpers can be incorporated into one larp. In this one we reject a ‘play to win’ attitude – sticking to the rules but at the same time attempting to win without regard for the story created and the reactions of the other players. Neither do we expect people to ‘play to lose’ – harm their own characters of the sake of the story’s drama. What we would like to offer is ‘play-for-flow’, which means acting accordingly to the personality of your character while being self-conscious about the way you influence the story for yourself and others. You’re the villain? Do not hesitate to play boldly and harm others. On the other hand, try to be as convincing when portraying your fall and possible punishment. Thanks to this our story will be both exciting and convincing.
- N/S larp - Mir is a narrative (set on creating and experiencing a story) and simulation (meant to re-create the game world and immerse in it). It is not a gamer larp, where the players are encouraged to win.
- Choose your game - Within the abovementioned frame Mir will allow for various styles of play. Action, politics or immersion will all be welcome and present. There will be religion in its whole broad spectrum – from ardent, heroic belief to cynical simony. Freethinkers and philosophers will also find their place in the game world. When creating their character the players have a possibility to ‘opt-in’ – choose the layers of the game s/he would like to explore. There also is the option of ‘opt-out’ – to omit the aspects they do not enjoy. This, of course, will not allow you to absolutely avoid these parts of the plot. If for some reason you’re not thrilled to discuss the prices of grain in larps, we cannot guarantee you will hear nothing about them, because the local economy will be featured in game. Nonetheless, you can play a character that will not be interested in the topic, and will not be ‘forced’ by a predefined scenario to participate.
- Ecstatic larp - We want Mir to have moments that will totally overwhelm the players. The ingame 360 degree illusion, the dance, the music, the food, the sleep – our goal is to allow the players to reach a state in which the created reality pulls the person in and provides all of the stimuli.
- Multi-lingual - Mir is open to foreigners. As the previous Geas experiences have shown, not knowing polish doesn’t hinder experiencing the larp. The Known World includes countries other than Antalia and realms other than Mir. If your character speaks German, they will be from Hammerstein. Should they speak Italian – they will haul from Torrento. English is a lingua franca of sorts, which may be known to any player, also in-game.
- Rated R - We do not aim to shock or flood our players with controversial topics, but violence and eroticism will be somewhat present at Mir. For that reason we mark our game as 18+